Sunday, February 22, 2009

Well this is kind of embarrassing and i'd really like to hear if anyone else had this same problem, but i was afraid of the toilet monster. Yes, thats right. When i was between about 3-8 i thought there was a monster that came out of the toilet when you flushed it and if you were there when he came out he would eat you. So as a result i would wash my hands, open the door, flush and run like nobodies business. I think this relates to the book because i was afraid of something that existed only in my mind and this fear caused me to act in an irrational way that i wouldn't have otherwise.

2 comments:

  1. Well I don't think thats all that embarrassing, I'm sure lots of kids were scared of the toilet. Because as a little kid you don't know what it is or exactly where its...contents go! My mom told me last night me and both my brothers were scared of the toilet one point and time in our lifes. If it makes you feel less embarressed knowing that you weren't the only one [:

    ReplyDelete
  2. The toilet monster - that's a new one, but if you heard the right (or wrong) story...
    Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete